Friday, April 18, 2008

Another Philippine Selection!

Hi all,
Been a bit slack with the posts of late. Extended work hours, lack of sleep and just the usual bollocks of day to day life has been getting in the way of internet time.
Indeed, as I type this I am half asleep, scrounging around a totally fried brain looking for something witty to say. Alas nothing but tribble is coming through in the thought patterns, so if you wanted something intelligent to read, then perhaps you have come to the wrong place.
As always, in an effort to look like I have made a great effort, I attach a number of random photos from the Philippines last year. They mostly show members of the family, people who I think were members of family and others who likely weren't anything to do with the family but were out to score some pera (money that is).



Possibly the only negative thing I can say about the Philippines is the lack of family members that are willing to talk to me. It makes being at home uncomfortable to say the least, evening are especially dreaded.
The last trip was turning out to be another one of those until my niece Aireen (above) turned up from Roxas City.
Aireen is an example of real Philippine beauty, though she would deny it, and she can sing fantastically at karaoke.
The biggest plus was that she was always wanting to talk. Wow and did we talk, even ghost stories till well after midnight. :-) She turned a lonely Quezon City stay into something far more enjoyable.
If only customs would have let me bring her back - I am sure she would have fit inside the suitcase. :-)
Salamat Aireen.


Must be something about the Roxas City part of the family, never have I found so many family members actually wanting to make the effort to speak. It justifies the asawa's decision to purchase land down in that beautiful city.
Part of the Roxas family is Christine (purple-far side of table) who, like Aireen, instantly talked to me and made me feel more at home. Indeed the whole family here lead to quite some debate as the asawa wanted to push on, but I just wanted to stay.
I suppose it needs to be said, I mean you guys were already thinking it, but wow they breed them maganda in Roxas! :-)
Thanks to Christine, Cisa and all the gang down at Roxas. I certainly miss you and will be back there ASAP.
The one in the red is our cousin Annabelle. Now if you want to negotiate a bargain, or wish to avoid being ripped off on transport, then Annabelle is the one to have with you. She takes no %^$# from anyone and stands up too people better than anyone I know.



Always wanted to get up close to a caraboa for a look. Ning's family has one (perhaps more - who knows) at Lantangan. Poor creature looks less than happy in its new position as a fun park ride :-)
Still it has to be better than plowing rice fields all day and it did get to chew grass through the whole ordeal.


OK, now I have to admit I have no idea who these people are. Almost sure the shot was taken on Jintatolo but it was more likely I wanted the shot for the hornbag in the orange than to get any real shot of a family member I needed to remember.
Hmmmm yeah, probably was because of her. She certainly is quite the hornbag.
Anyway who knows, perhaps someone can identify them for me. In the meantime feel free to just admire that little orange top.

Well thats it from Down Under tonight. My head is about to hit the keyboard and thats without going anywhere near the Tanduay tonight.
If any of the QC/Roxas family wish to email some latest photos for inclusion please feel free to do so.

Night

2 comments:

escape said...

this is another humor post. i always laugh at your ideas of the traditional pinoy lifestyle. at least you like some of them.

The Aussie Aswang! said...

I love all the Pinoy lifestyle and way of life.
While some indeed seems quite funny at times - I am sure others find some of what we do funny as well :-)
My particular interest is in Filipino myth, beliefs and superstition. I love discussing this at length.

Brad