Monday, August 25, 2008

MATES - A SERIOUS POST


" AY NAKU "

Yeah thats probably what your saying, afterall since when has a serious post been allowed to interfere with the 'G-Spot Karaoke Gang' blogsite?
For our engish speaking readers it means "Oh my god". Jut one of many words learn't in the slow process of trying to understand Tagalog.
Well having just had my two daily Tanduay doses (keeps the flu away and is agreed too by ones doctor) in quick succession, I find myself in the mood to babble on. Perhaps, as my mate Keith says, start yet another NOVEL length posting.
Yeah I like to type, once I start I tend not to stop to easy, especially after the earlier mentioned double Tanduay shot :-)

Over the last week I have had much cause to think about mates. Not just the ones you occasionally see down the pub, in the local supermarket, or cruising brothels around Darling Harbour.
I mean the real mates, those selected few out of hundreds that reach the highest allocated level of mateship, those afforded the title of 'Best Friends'.
In reality, even a half drunk and sodomised beaver can tell I love the Filipino community out here in Australia. No more fun can be had than when eating, drinking and singing with these guys.
Many are the number of Filipino who I have met, some what less the number I occasionally hang out with, significantly less the number I can really call best friends. Actually this later number is in single digits and probably countable on one hand.

Most of us never give a second thought to it all, at least until one feels said friendship may be over. It is then you really feel how important that friendship is. Perhaps you are the aort of person who dosen't give it much of a thought - perhaps though, if you really do care, you worry about it endlessly.

Any friends are hard to find in this hollow excuse of a country, so best friends, if you are lucky enough to find any, ARE WORTH THEIR WEIGHT IN GOLD.
I, for one, will never EVER forget this again.

Salamat to all of you - You all know who you are..

Brad
** Who better have some water as he is off to pick up the asawa soon.



No comments: