Wednesday, November 12, 2008

~~~ FAREWELL DEAR FRIEND ~~~

I just received word about the passing of my good friend of many years Erry Tobing.

I first met Erry, originally from Indonesia but living here for many years, while working for Kingsford Smith Transport driving shuttle buses.

We immediately became friends both inside and out of work-Indeed he became a regular at our parties. This is where most of my friends will remember him.

Erry was a very kind and thoughtful person, he was a genius when it came to repairing computers and had plans of expanding his own shuttle bus business.
It is still hard to believe I will no longer pass his smiling face in that 'ET Tours' bus while driving around Sydney.
Sadly he has been of very ill health for a while and when I last talked to him, a few weeks ago, he was planning on an extended holiday in Indonesia next year and wanted me to look after his bus.
Regretfully he never had the opportunity to see his home country again.

Erry is survived by a wife and daughter - to whom are best wishes go out.

Goodbye Erry - You will be sorely missed by many, especially me.

Brad

No comments: