Wednesday, June 17, 2009

~~ PHILIPPINES 2009 ~~

Coming Soon - 25 Days Of Trip In A Photographic Report!


Photo: Top of condo on the corner of United Nations and Mabini in Ermita!

Howdee viewers, got back from our surprise trip to the Philippine yesterday.
Despite fighting the endless urge to go back and nearly giving in to the growing tide of futile worthlessness that comes with being back in Australia, I am going to endeavour to do an extended trip report on the holiday and where we got to.
Cheap airfares, only $645, lead us to a last minute decision to book the trip and rack royally off from Australian shores and do many of the things
I have wanted to do for so long.

While the main reason for the trip was family and society based,
I found a whole lot more.

I was again able to re-experience the 'REAL' Filipino, the reason they mean so much to me. I was able to revive my decaying interest in the country through the efforts of now deceased scum in our local community and, best of all, I made a huge number of great new friends there.
Join me in coming weeks as I cover the trip, what we did and share photos taken during it.
A great time was had, as is usually the case, and my enthusiasm not dampened despite the best efforts of 'Philippine Airlines' and cowboy
security guards.


MABUHAY


Happy 111th Anniversary of Philippine Independence.



Photo: Ning and I are introduced to the famous Mr Jollibee at Evers Commonwealth.


Better than Mr Jollibee, this is my beautiful little niece Christine (or Tin-Tin).
Philippine Airline regulations on your bringing anything back would have mean't plans to come back with Tin-Tin were doomed to failure at the start.
I really miss this wonderful little girl and have godparent dreams.

No comments: