Monday, May 12, 2008

Pinoy Reaches Everest Summit!

Howdee,
This cartoon was sent to me today from a contrinuter wishing to remain anonymous (MANOK). :-)

Apparently it appeared in one of the Manila major newspapers after the first Pinoy reached the Mount Everest summit. I am a little undecided as to whether or not it is funny, but given the amount of time I have spent around Manila and the locals general good humour about it, I suppose I have to admit a bit of a giggle.

But then I am often told I have a demented sense of humour :-)

What do you think? About the cartoon I mean - not my demented sense of humour.

Brad

1 comment:

escape said...

this is bad in my opinion and i don't believe on this because professional pinoy climbers are also nature protectors. i also trek mountains and we really have pre-climb prior to the hike reminding us never to throw garbage as soon as we enter the area. and if we see trash, we have to pick even if it's not ours. but there are also climbers (does not have an organization who just climb and make mess) but not the pinoys who conquered everest.

whoever did this cartoon... he never tried climbing yet or if ever he did, he did that (messing the mountains)! hehehe...