Monday, May 19, 2008

Party gossipers - Time for me to have a break!

*** SAD AND DISTURBING NEWS ***

Seems your hospitality just ain't enough for some people!

Having been part of the Filo community here for so long, I am well aware of, and used to, the rampant (and often ill-informed) gossiping that goes on about everyone.
Sadly my mother isn't!

Unfortunately at the recent party she overheard someone complaining about my amount of work, or lack of it at times. Apparently this was of major concern to them and considered to be their business, at least by them.
This has subsequently lead to an argument between my mother and myself, which will no doubt spread on to the asawa this afternoon when I see her. It certainly will help her argument for less 'occasions'.

It seems this person, I am pushing for the identity, feels I do not conform to the work ethic of 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and as such there has to be a problem that needs to be discussed at parties. Yet strangely enough - as always - THEY DON'T HAVE THE GUTS TO TALK TO ME ABOUT IT.

Yep my work is very random.
Am I broke?
Hmmmmm well I am planning on taking the wife to Fiji this year. I wonder where all that money is coming from? Then considering my not wishing to work, the next trip to the Philippines may be problematic at best.
Has this person been reviewing my financial situation prior to commenting? Doubt it.
Hmmmm I have internet, mobile phone, car etc etc. How is this all paid for?
Nope its the whinging of an ignorant bastard with nothing better to do. Easier to come up with rubbish than to perhaps investigate the situation. I do after all get more now than the last time I worked full time.

The worrying thing is for them to know how much I work it has to be someone closer to me.

Alas I have had enough of being betrayed by people. I am now at a point where I don't think I can trust anyone anymore. I can't be a part of anything while I am left to wonder who is the person responsible.

Please if anyone knows who the person was, heard the discussion and can identify, or perhaps was the person who said it, I would appreciate you coming forward. I will not identify you as the person who informed. If you wish to remain anonymous when identifying them please feel free also. You no doubt know my name and email address.
I will not rest until I find out who the person is (those who know me well - know this is the case).


Thanks for your time - I hope someone out there knows and has the honour to answer.

RECENT UPDATES/CLUES!
(thanks to those who have helped thus far)

#1 - Person that was very concerned about me life had a male voice.

#2 - Was pointed out that for my mother to understand it would need to be english, most Filos gossip in Tagalog, especially around English only speakers.
This leads the investigators to believe it could be a western male.

#3 - Interesting that plenty of people have a view as to who it may be - but nobody knows anything about it.

No comments: