Monday, January 5, 2009

2009 - Welcome - Resolutions - Apology - Changes

~~~ WELCOME TO 2009 ~~~

Welcome back to another year of 'G-Spot Barkada' madness.

Looking back, it has been a few weeks since I last posted to the site. I plead parties, fun and other festive activities as the culprit of my absence. There has been an awful lot of them in recent times.
On top of this were some life changing occurances that will make for a very busy 2009, indeed likely one of the busiest I have ever had. Apart from being busy, it has given my much cause to pause and think about life and how I lead it. Indeed it has since lead me to make some amazing changes, mostly of a downsizing nature, to the many things I do.


RELAX - It will not affect this website, or my beloved barkada. Our strange sort of mayhem will continue on, hopefully, forever more. You can't replace the sort of people I have made friends with, nor would you ever want to.
This website will soon cover all the festive activities, include more humourous items, go back for more looks at the Philippines. There is much in store this year, I hope you enjoy it.

Philippine HELP Association

One area I am cutting back in is my plans for a association to help people struggling in the Philippines. It was always going to be a huge undertaking, however my enthusiasm has been destroyed by the constant rubbish that goes on within the Filipino community here in Sydney, both from the Eastlakes Aswang and from the western suburbs element.
Its the endless lies, rumours and gossip that make you realise how little the help you give everyone is really appreciated. There is not a day goes by that I don't try to help someone or another, many of these later going on to send you death threats, make up stories about you, or just accuse you of things you never did.
Whats the point?

Railway Museum

I will however be continuing my long time involvement with setting up a museum in Manila. This is of great personal interest to me and will be at least one thing I can leave to my 'second country'.

People

One thing I have come to realise during this last year is how idiotic some people can be. You spend your life helping them, just to be stabbed in the back at a time convenient to them, usually following a misguided belief in a rumour they have heard.
They even accuse you of things being on this website that never actually appeared, this being verifiable by Blogger.

Yes it sounds pathetic, but it is a regular happening and soon you are left with a selection of friends, REAL FRIENDS, who remain with you through thick and thin.
Many readers of my blog are well aware who the scum elements are, those who think of themselves well before others, those who can't see reality beyond their own desperate need for credibility.
For 2009 I have made a resolution to remove the time I usually waste on these oxygen thief's and invest in in those of my dearest Filipino friends who deserve it. Afterall, should we not all concentrate on the genuine people in our lives and leave the trash outside where it belongs.
Thankfully I spent the Xmas and New Year period with all these people, so you know exactly who you are. A great mix of old and new friends coming together to share the magic of each others company.
Salamat to you all, you are all my dearest of family.

Apology

To Kinnith (spelling?) who has gone some way to making me believe she was wrongly accused. I have altered the website as you wished and am chasing up the people who originally made the accusations.

In Closing

Thank you to all those who have shared their opinions on the website in 2008, I am glad that so many have enjoyed reading the bollocks conveyed within.
Things will continue unaltered in 2009, except for less concentration on the aswangs of Filipino society here and more on the people who genuinely matter, as well as an increase in my photographic endeavours and even some extra humour.
Please feel free to drop us a comment, an enquiry, a funny Philippine related photo and we will include it. Perhaps even a humorous Philippine story or something else similarly related.
Also the 'ADOBO DOWNUNDER' Philippine chat forum is open for anyone who wishes to chat and meet people. Its still in its early days but will get busier with your participation.

Best wishes to you all
Brad

No comments: