Thursday, February 26, 2009

From The Comments Section!

Hi everyone,
As you know, I love recieving feedback on items appearing on any of my blogs. Whether it be positive or negative, it gives a great idea about what my readers are thinking and, BEST OF ALL, assures me someone is actually reading :-)

This morning I was happy to see two comments from Milton who kindly took the time to type them up. Since most people don't realise the comments section exists I thought, as always, I would reply to them here.

Salamat to Milton for your comments.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MILTON

"Getting information on public transport around the Philippines is not easy"

thats because transportation itself in the RP is not easy.
The concept of the Jeepney that follows a route involving 30 streets and 40 turns makes no sense.
A simple circuitous route is the most effecient - kinda like everyone else uses.
February 26, 2009 9:48 AM


REPLY

Especially when the turns seem to change depending on who is driving at the time. It seems from my observations that they do not always stick to a exact route in which to travel, ensuring that such things as transport maps are next to useless.
Many say the Jeepney is inefficient, while I don't agree with this, I think some transport planning and a rethink on its usage is required.
To use Commonwealth Street in QC as an example. It seems that buses and Jeepneys crowd the street in an endless attempt to compete with each other. Many shorter haul Jeepnies (say Litex to Evers Commonwealth) are just services duplicated by buses thus making more traffic on the road. These services also tend not to always stick to the same route at the whim of the driver.
There is a plan (we pray it happens) to build a MRT/LRT down this street, although you can imagine that this will just result in a couple less lanes but the same buses and jeepneys trying to continue a business and making the whole thoroughfare useless.
In a perfect world, the MRT stations would also include transport interchanges where buses and Jeepnies would serve as feeder services. Buses for main areas of population and Jeepnies to areas that either don't warrant a bus or just cant fit bus due to clearances.
The jeepney certainly still has its place, although an LPG version of the classic design would be a good idea, though a bit of a rethink on transport planning is needed.

Did the plan to introduce allocated bus stops on EDSA ever occur? Is it followed?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MILTON

Ya know, one of these days I'm gonna leave the Philippines. I'm sick of these people.
I've lived here for a few years and have seen them around the world, 9 countries of which I've lived in.
Ask yourself this, can you name a SINGLE pinoy that gives? I cannot. All they do is take, take, take. They send their spawn across the globe and take jobs away from other countries citizens.
They take the money and send it back to the Philippines. They marry foreigners and take the richer lifestyle. (and manage to still send other peoples money back to the RP).
They will not allow foreigners to own anything in the RP but insist on other countries allowing Filipinos to do so.
It's also disgusting the way they think of foreign men as dirty sex-pats, yet as soon as one of their girls marry one, they start bragging about who married the coolest/richest foreigner.
February 26, 2009 9:38 AM


REPLY

A few things here of interest here.
I have come up against this inability to own anything fully there. It makes it hard when trying to own land/house, and when dealing with having small businesses there.
It is a tad unfair that they can 100% own things here but not the other way around. I suppose though that this is a government thing and most of the general populace would not care less if it was changed. I for one wish they would change it and QUICK.

One thing I don't entirely agree on is the question of giving.
I can name a few of my Pinoy/Pinay friends who are some of the most generous and most selfless people I have ever met, without expecting anything in return.
I admit (In my experience only) they have been in the minority sadly, but still I don't think we should tar everyone with the same brush when there are some wonderful Filipinos out there.
As you could tell from my blog, I have met some bad examples who have made Australia their home, but keep looking and you will find some truly great people that make these setbacks seems really worthwhile.

Regards
Brad (who is constantly hurt by those he tries to help, but loves Filipinos anyway)

No comments: