Sunday, September 14, 2008

And Now For Something Completely Different!

With apologies to Monty Python.

Yes I realise I promised part 4 of my 40th and the special tongue edition. I haven't forgotten and expect to do this on Wednesday.

This posting relates to a couple of friends I have never met and who live overseas.

Ever since I can remember I have had pen pals, some like my good friends Anthony Buckley (Leeds UK) and Diane Klepper (USA) have been with me for over 15 years now. Its amazing to look back over what we have all gone through during this time.

A couple of years ago I was on the prowl for a penpal who, like me, was into photography. The idea was that we could write to each other and swap photos.
If memory serves correct, and it often doesn't in this advanced age of 40, Ria was introduced to me through a friend of hers who saw I was looking for someone with a photography interest.
The rest is history, we have corresponded while she went through many moves of house and during this time we have swapped many letters, photos and even gifts.

Last week I received a letter off her with a selection of photos within. All were taken in New Mexico and Organ Mountains and Dripping Sands. I was so taken with the photography that I thought I would share them here.
Ria has taken some stunning and interesting images.

Beautiful work my friend.




I first met Jeffrey on the internet when he joined my 'Philippine Railways SIG'
While we have not been penfriends as such, we have kept regular contact on the internet and I hope to eventually meet up with him.
Last week, following my report on my 40th birthday, Jeffrey alerted my to some interesting fact.
Both love railways.
Both love the Philippines.
Both went on to marry Filipinas.
Both born in September 1968, indeed his 40th was but 6 days before mine.

Below is a photo of Jeffrey and his maganda asawa Dahlin who we hope to meet up with one day soon.

Happy 40th Birthday Jeffrey!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brad.. I am very glad that we are in contact and I look forward to exchanging words with you via email and postal mail as well as sharing photos.
I am very touched that you would 'feature' me and my work on your blog. I guess for you to do this you must have taken a liking to my pictures and that means alot.
Thanks Brad and best wishes to you all .
Ria

The Aussie Aswang! said...

Hiya Ria,
I absolutely loved your latest shots. I certainly plan to feature your photos in the future.

Best wishes
Brad