Monday, September 8, 2008

BRAD'S 'BECOMING AN OLD BUGGAR' 40TH BIRTHDAY PT1

PART 1

Howdee,
Well it has been a BIG weekend, hmmm actually, no, it has been a BIG weekend here at the base of the 'G-SPOT Karaoke Barkada'.
Friday night, planned as a preparation night, turned into a practice run for the days ahead.
What followed was two days with about 9 hours sleep, plenty of food, many laughs, smutty photos galore and of course the interesting scandals that always follow parties I have.
Just a typical weekend for us Filos, even us honorary ones :-)
Once upon a time (in a life far far away) parties were all about the presents. Now days the company of some of my closest friends, all at once, is the most awesome part of all. The presents were just the sweetener, although admittedly, they were a BLOODY good sweetener :-)
Amongst these sweeteners were One very rare bottle of Tanduay GOLD, two bottles of Bundy rum, one large bottle of Bundy Rum, Jamaican Rum, a 4.5L monolith Philippine rum and a bottle of Black Douglas. Anyone beginning to see a pattern here :-)
These will last me an absolute lifetime I should imagine.
I won't go on to list all the non-alcoholic presents as I shall no doubt miss somebody and cause great offense in the process.
Suffice to say, I am grateful to all. There are some awesome gifts there, while the pera donations are going to great use in building the DVD collection and towards my next Philippine trip.

Anyway enough of the bollocks - you wanna see photos don't you?

The night before the big party and Grandma gives us some impromptu poles dancing displays. Many saw this as setting the tone for the rest of the weekend, most were indeed not disappointed.



These two people, Arthur and Vicky were one of the few people (the other being my mother) who were at my 1st birthday party 39 years ago.
Incidentally that party, like my 21st, was held in the same place, indeed the exact same garage that is now the G-Spot.



Steve Miller models the latest in railfan party fashion early on in the party.
My beloved little sister Maria looks on from behind.

No comments: