Friday, April 10, 2009

~~ SECURITY GUARDS ~~

Its not only Melbourne Zoo that the monkeys
are seen on the loose!

The perils of being a railfan - or security guard!

OK it's not often that ' Manila-Downunder' treats all his readers with a quizz, so I am sure you will all join me in immense foamer excitment as I ask you to tell me the difference between the two photos below.











Now take your time!
Don't race this one because you may may a mistake and waste what is a wonderful opportunity to win 10 years free subscription to this illustrious website.

Now before we answer lets look at an incident yesterday at Morandoo railway yard while photographing from a PUBLIC STREET!

Keeping in mind I was already depressed and in a bad mood following recent developments in Sydney, all I wanted to do was have a great day chasing trains in the Hunter and forget what has been happening.
I should say though - it later turned into the best day in ages and the full report, for anyone interested, will soon appear on the
SEMI-RETIRED FOAMER WEBSITE!

After my usual rounds of Newcastle (see my upcoming report on the day) I stopped by a Morandoo Yard with far more interesting locomotives than is usually the case nowdays.
After a U-Turn I proceeded back to park and get photos, over the fence and not on railway property.
While photographing an 80 class an 'SNP Security' car drove up and on seeing me photographing the train drove off, obviously utilizing some brain cells to realise I was one of the hundreds of visiting railfans
looking at trains.


All was proceeding well until I decided to photograph 4836 - which drew the frantic attention of a CHUBB Security guard who saw the photography of a 48 class as a possible action of a terrorist.


I can see Mr Bin Laden right now. Sitting in his cave, pawing over back issues of Railway Digest and having 20 aides research blueprints of the DL531, looking for weaknesses in the design that could be used, the ultimate aim to bring down western civilization.
The future of the world now hinges on a humble 48 class and Mr Chubb (an obvious power hungry cowboy with no comprehension of his actual power on public roads) was going to save us all by removing this highly dangerous railfan of 28 years from the area.

** MISTAKE **

Poor old Mr Chubb had not counted on being subject to the famous Spadge, along with his even MORE famous hatred of these disgusting examples of humanity (almost as much as the gutter trash one deals with in life).
One enjoys informing these people of the actual laws by which they are
bound (why don't they teach security guards this from the outset?) and then invite them to call the police.
I never realised how much I missed confronting these morons while I have been spending time out of the hobby. My growing return of interest was given a huge boost as this feral drove off into the distance and I went on
photographing my trains.

BACK TO THE QUIZZ!!!

So have you come up with an answer to our little quizz? Thats right - it was a trick question. There is no difference, they are both a COLLECTION OF TOOLS!

No comments: