Thursday, April 16, 2009

~~ A SPADGE RESIGNATION ~~

Hi all, effective immediately I have resigned my post as President of the Philippine heritage society, Australian chapter.

At tonights meeting Bill will be moved to Acting President until new elections can be held. All group memberships, money raised, correspondence will be passed on to Bill tonight and my membership voluntarily terminated with no reimbursement.

Developments today between myself and a dear community friend has lead me to a decision I have been stressin
g over for a few months.
The personal fight between wanting to do something for the Philippines and my great desire to just give it all up as a useless cause for people who, at least out here, don't care less.


The fracturing of those who were my rocks in the community has helped me with my decision and I wish the guys all the very best with the society's future endeavours - I am sure we will all remain friends regardless.

This re
mained my main stumbling block to removing myself from any Philippine involvement in my life, this final decision now clears the way for me to return to things I did up until 10 years ago.

I do thank those in the community who have helped the project during our friendship and my time on the board.
The Philippines was once my oasis from every day life, it is now just a reminder of the pain one can have inflicted upon them.


It should be noted that, at least for now, the mail and email addresses will remain the same and all correspondence and donations will go direct to the new team.
Thank you and Goodbye!

No comments: